View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 23, 2009, 12:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
Sorry for the confusion. I didn't deal with it then because at the time I didn't know exactly when that player is a bench player and didn't want to wrongfully make the coach sit. I was talking with my partner and the V officials after the game about it. I'm going to be honest about what i would have done, but I now know this isn't correct.

report personal foul
report technical foul
indirect technical to the coach (when table let me know player had 5 fouls, I would've said to the coach that this is his 5th foul, and he had to sit because he was a benched player during the technical situation)
coach sits

two team fouls total for both personal and technical
fouled shooter gets 2 FT, team gets 2 FT
Ball at half-court.

That is what I would have done, but now I know that everything is correct except for the indirect technical to coach and that he sits. I also probably should give the player a flagrant technical foul instead of a technical. Then, the ball would be taken out-of-bounds underneath the basket to the team who just shot the free-throws because of the flagrant foul.

does this clear things up (not sarcastic)?
Didn't you indicate that the player bumped you before you reported the personal foul? If so, above in red is not correct.

And I don't have a clue how you came up with this.