View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 08:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgncjn View Post
Team A turns the ball over in their front court. Substitute B6 has reported to the scorer and is waiting to enter the game. The center official (opposite table) sounds his whistle, sticks his hand to up signal to the other official to hold play. Substitute B6 is beckoned on to the playing court by the center official.
By this, I'm hoping you meant that they threw the ball out of bounds or violated, and so the ball was dead when the C whistled. First time I read it I was imagining C interrupting the game to bring in the sub!

As for the substantive question: I think it depends. If the trail has administered the throw-in too quickly as the substituted player is still leaving the court, I think it would be a misapplication of the rules to call a T on B for trail's poor mechanics.

However, I can also envision a situation where the substituted player is meandering off the court, the ball is put in play, and he turns around as if to participate. Especially if B has already been warned about this kind of delay, I could see calling a T here.