View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 04, 2009, 09:04pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=JRutledge;628632]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post

Anyone can line up anywhere and block legally. But a wide receiver or back cannot line up where they are expected to be and block below the waist or block in the back or even clip unless they are on the line and in the zone. If you are saying a TE could do this, yes they could. But they would have to be awfully tight to do so.

Peace
That's always going to be a touchy subject...where exactly 4 yards is precisely for the definition of the zone. We've had this discussion between our crew and have come to the point where unless the center/guard/tackle gap is a tad bit wide..the TE (in HS) is probably going to get the benefit of the doubt and be considered in the zone. I've walked this off nonchalantly during gametime as an ump and more often than not, 4 yards from the ball usually gets me into TE space...at least somewhat. I'm not very tall with a big stride either. If half of his foot is even in the zone...he's considered in the zone. Any split at all and we'd have IBBW. IMHO, they should make it illegal for anyone outside the tackle slot to participate in the FBZ and that would clean up some of the clutter and confusion.