View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 03, 2009, 05:15pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicecone View Post
Well, in the third inning there was a runner on second and 1 out. Ball is hit to shortstop and play is at first. I see the runner break for third and yell "I got three." Ball arrives to F5, runner slides and tag is made somewhere clearly above the belt, and I give my best rookie call of the game "SAFE".

Well, wouldnt you know the worlds greatest umpire decided he also had opinion about the play (Why not, he had an opinion about everything else.) and echoed a big "OUT". Then he followed it up with, "I got this call and he is out." I looked over to him and at the same time saw the HC coming out from the duggout and figured hey, I am going to let the worlds greatest umpire take care of this, and I did. Of course he had to throw out the HC when he implied that I might be the Rookie but at least I could see better than him. Oh and I also found out that he blew the call at first too but he handled explaining that away too.
The guy sounds like a Ryobi chop saw, but did you pregame who had the coverage on this play? Because normally that call at 3rd belongs to the BU (using standard mechanics), unless discussed differently in the pregame.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25