View Single Post
Old Mon May 11, 2009, 10:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
Are you implying my opinion was idiotic? His questions are good questions, but they are novice questions nonetheless. I would tell anyone with those questions that they need more experience. I apologize if my frame of reference is different from most. Where I officiate, inexperienced officials work their way up from youth to JV to Varsity.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinoin, not matter how stupid it might be, right?

I know you weren't asking me but I do agree with you that some of his questions are basic questions. They are much like the questions I asked as a newly licensed official. I give this site (and a few others) credit for developing my knowledge of the rulebook at a much faster rate than I would have gotten on my own.

My story is that I was a Referee of my own crew at the start of my third year because I was tired of waiting, but I look back and wonder how badly I messed stuff up. Most new officials don't know how much they don't know and are anxious to work "meaningful" games.

I think we both agree that we are glad the poster is here asking them and I saw that encouragement in your post.