Thread: more philosophy
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 09, 2009, 03:31pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
Tell you something even more frustrating......youth leagues that require we pass out a referee survey card to each coach before the game. Coaches have free reign to put down whatever they want and you can't respond. And yes, I know the league office/officials' supervisor takes what is said with a grain of salt.......or so they say, but still. The comments some coaches make........

6th grade girls last night, close game throughout. VC compliments me on a couple of calls, politely asks for clarification on a couple of others and then thanks me, even suggests that he wished my partner would hustle as much as I do to get into position. Complains to my partner that he is missing some fouls and gets warned by my partner.

Then it happens; he only has five players and late in the game are down by 4 points when I call a clear hold on one of his players, who had four fouls on her already. Now she's gone and he is begging me to change it to someone else so he doesn't have to play with only four. "Can't do that coach, she is the one who fouled, no one else even close to the play." however, they actually come back to take a lead and win by 1 pt.

After the game he comes up and apologizes and seems real nice. But the OIC shows me the VC survey card after the game and I am rated "1" (poor) across the board (hustle, rules, game control, etc.) while my partner is all 4s and 5s (excellent and outstanding). Also, VC writes down that I called a horrible game.

Now where do I get to put all the extra info down so the league gets the whole picture? I know, just let it go..................but it sure gets me steamed sometimes!
Have coaches send in game tape for proof. The ones that lie will be exposed as frauds.