View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 12, 2009, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
If the push was before A1 landed, then I would not award continuous motion. In other words, if the sequence was
  • A1 jumps off one foot
  • B1 pushes A1
  • A1 lands on two feet
  • A1 jumps and shoots the ball

I think the foul has occurred before the start of the shooting motion. So he's not allowed to complete the motion and score. JMO, without seeing it.

EDIT: It would be different if you thought that A1 was actually trying to shoot the ball when he jumped off one foot. If you feel that B1's foul stopped his act of shooting and forced him to land, then it's a shooting foul. But if the jump was obviously part of the jump stop, no free throws from me.

That is essentially the sequence and I don't believe he was going up off of one foot, but couldn't this be considered part of the "usual foot or body movement in any activity" that A1 is allowed if pivoting or stepping (Fed CB 6.7 Comment - admittedly doesn't mention jump stop) that is allowed per the continous motion provision? He never put the ball back on the ground...the fact that he has already made this same motion and shot the ball doesn't hold any weight as far as being part of his "usual shooting motion"?