Thread: Delay Penality
View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 14, 2008, 10:17pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I'm Confused And I Can't Get Up ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
BillyMac referenced the correct Sections and Articles in the NFHS Rules. In the original post, A1 would be charged with the TF per R1-S3-A5a even though Team A previously received an Official Warning per R4-S47. In fact, this would still be a TF charged to A1 even if Team A had NOT received an Official Warning for an infraction of R4-S47, but A1's TF would trigger an Official Warning to Team A.MTD, Sr.
How does one differentiate a team technical (10-1) from a player technical for (10-3) when a player prevents the ball from being made live promptly or from being put in play by interfering with the ball following a goal?

Are free throw huddles and/or court not ready (water), always team technicals after a warning?

Can crossing the boundary line ever be a player technical after a team warning? Or is it always a team technical?

I thought I understood these delays. Not so. I'm getting confused. Help me, or, I swear, I'll make another study guide, and this is not an idle threat.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Dec 14, 2008 at 10:55pm.