View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 08, 2008, 07:09am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
I don't think I could overlook this one. The action itself is bad enough, but it this particular situation apparently the player was not already holding the ball.

So it seems that A1 picked the ball up just for the purpose of slamming it on the floor. I think this is over the line. An orchestrated display, in my opinion, is that much worse than one that is totally spontaneous.
JAR brings up an interesting point that puts another layer of complexity on this situation making it somewhat different from others we have discussed.

This is an overt act - to apparently go get the ball for the purpose of slamming it down in disgust/frustration, as opposed to a spontaneous reaction.

Each case must be judged on its own merit - and, right or wrong, you chose not to "T" in this case.

Side comment - First "T" I ever gave was a game I was forced into action for my son (12). I "T'd" HIM up for slamming the ball almost to the ceiling out of frustration - he knew better. Mom and GRANDPARENTS in the crowd. While the temp was pleasant outside, it was a somewhat cold and icy ride home.....