View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 21, 2008, 01:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoochy View Post
You know.. I have seen many officials use a "On The Floor' signal." When watching the game I view this as "The Basket is Good" signal. Then get confused when the ball is taken out of bounds for a throw-in.
Why don't we all just use the "No Shot' signal?
I guess the "On The Floor' signal" is a good example of using a non-standard signal.
I will admit that this one got me in trouble a few years ago (maybe 5 years) and I've never used it again. It was the final seconds of a tightly contested game in a small gym with a very excited, loud crowd on hand. The dribbler started a drive on the wing (me as trail on that side). The dribbler worked his way almost around the defender when he was steered by the defender with an extended arm. *Whistle!!* Two dribbles later he shot the ball "No shot, no shot, on the floor" *Waved the basket off and pointed to the floor* Got over to the bench to report *waved the basket off* ## *Signaled hand check and pointed to the spot the throw in was to happen* The crowd, coach, players went crazy. I have never pointed at the floor again. I refuse to lol It will only only lead to misunderstanding

-Josh