Thread: Horse Collar
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 13, 2008, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFarns View Post
Maybe I should start a new thread since this question doesn't deal with the game in question but it is a horsecollar question.

NCAA rules

Situation in an adult league game yesterday. The ball carrier is wrapped up by a player and is still pushing forward so progress is not stopped. Another B player comes in and grabs the side of the shoulder pads and pulls the runner down. I passed on the call as I understood the rule to be intended for a moving runner who is yanked back by the shoulder pads. A safety foul in my mind. The LJ on the other side of the field throws the flag and calls it. We come together and I make my case for why I passed on the call but both the LJ, U and R agreed that the correct call was made. After the game the U said he passed on it too but technically the LJ was correct. I'm not trying to fight to be right but is this a call I completely messed up? I really try to enforce the rules properly without taking over the game. Where is my view on this foul wrong?

Just trying to get better here.

Thanks for your replies.
Stick to your guns. This does not meet the requirements for a horse collar tackle based on the way you described it.