View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 08, 2008, 01:55pm
Official Forum Member

Trust me: you'll be fine with the UA gear for a base layer. Go to a running store and find some good cold weather gloves that have the tacky material on the palm. If you can keep your hands and feet warm, you'll be more than comfortable. You might also get one of those ski headbands that cover your ears.

I had a game in the mid-30s with some wind and intermittent rain (heavy drizzle) last November. It was mildly uncomfortable the first 5 minutes and after that, I really didn't notice it. When the rain stopped for about a quarter or so, it was borderline pleasant. Honestly, the mud bothered me more because I HATE mud (slippage, pant stains, etc.). I wore a Nike Pro shirt (similar to UA cold gear) and my striped shirt, and that was all up top. I wore my normal UA tights and regular socks (with my base layer socks I always wear) with knickers, like usual. The biggest problem I had was with the gloves and my down indicator. I've gone on feel for so long, it took some getting used to.

IF you think that the UA and a long sleeve shirt won't be enough, at the running store, find a real thin base layer long sleeve shirt and wear under your UA cold gear shirt. Brooks makes a very comfortable shirt, and in NO, they should be on sale. I promise you will be fine. Your striped shirt should keep the wind off adequately.