View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 15, 2008, 09:24pm
Official Forum Member

OK:

1a. 10-6 Penalty: Amend 3 to read "Bonus Free throw beginning with the 7th team foul each half whether or not the first free throw is successful." Then, amend 4 to read "Two free throws if intentional or flagrant, or for all fouls beginning with the 10th team foul, plus ball for throw-in."

1b. Amend 10-6 Penalty 1 to add "f. At any point when the offended (fouled) team has the right to shoot one or more free throws, at the option of the captain or coach, the team may choose to resume play with a throw-in. This option is available until the first free throw is administered."

2. Change 5-9-3 to read as follows: "Grants a player's oral or visual or a head coach's visual request for a time out..."

3. (I'll get this later)

4. Amend Rule 1, Section 13 Article 3 to add the following: "Penalty -- for either a lack of a coaching box or an incorrectly laid box: Technical foul is assessed to the home team to begin the game. This foul shall also be indirectly charged to the head coach. No technical foul shall be charged to a designated home team not playing in its customary home location (example, tournament)."

5. Amend Rule 9, Section 1, Article 4 to read: "The restrictions ... apply until the ball is released by the thrower."

These may not be the optimum wording for each change, which is why I don't really understand the need for exact wording, but here you go. I do, however, think this is a good exercise to dive into the rule book and make sure you are aware of where all rules are referenced.

I'll amend later with case citations.