View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 06, 2008, 01:01am
Official Forum Member

In a fight situation, I'm going to accept all the help I can get as long as I trust the source and do not doubt their veracity.

My first year, in probably my 3rd or 4th assignment, I was working in an auxiliary gym and finished before the game in the main gym. As I was watching, I noticed the clock box was plugged in via an extension cord that wasn't taped to the ground very well -- obviously not a good idea, but that's another issue. Within probably 2 minutes, the cord was kicked and the plug came out. I had just glanced at the scoreboard and told the guys working the game, who came over to me when I motioned for them, what I saw in terms of time remaining. No big deal, just one of those things you can do to help out when weird things happen.

During an altercation, its damn near impossible for 3 officials, much less 2, to see who's involved, who punched, who committed another type of foul, AND who left the bench. If I'm watching, particularly in a subvarsity game and I see the officials who I know having trouble sorting things out, I might go over there and ask if they want my help.