View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 22, 2007, 12:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmathews
The replays I saw of the push out touchdown, eventually showed that his heels were in the air...never really on the line...it wasn't a good look, but it did appear that way. Judging by the calls those guys nailed before and after, and the fact that they were standing right there watching that very thing, I will certainly jump on their bandwagon, it was a great call....

I was confused about the no DPI in the endzone though with Caldwell...would like to hear some comment from the involved parties there....
As someone with a huge rooting interest for the Colts in this game (I live in Indy), I thought the officials did a great job!! The reversal of the Wayne interference was dead on (I didn't think the defender even touched his leg as Eastshire stated but either way it was the correct call). I agree the coverage of the pass prior to NE's last FG looked like interference but I'm not sure which official was keyed on that receiver and what angle they had. The play right before the Wayne reversal there did appear to be interference on NE but it was not called. That was a quick pass over the middle and I can't imagine the deep receivers or even the wings would have had a good angle. The only ones who could have seen it were the R and U and they wouldn't be looking at the receiver at that point.

Great job by the crew!! That's why they are at that level and working that game!!