View Single Post
Old Wed May 17, 2006, 10:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I think Cuban has lobbied/harrassed the league for long enough that the Mavericks, and Dirk in particular, get some pretty outlandish calls.
This is nonsense. If you followed the Mavericks for any length of time, you'd know the frustration that Mavs fans have had with the officiating. Some of it justified, a lot of it not -- just like every other team in the league. Think back to Shawn Bradley -- a guy who would breath on someone and the officials would call a foul on him. It didn't matter whether Bradley had a good guarding position or not, the call would almost always go against him. I'm not saying all the calls were wrong, just that the hint that the Mavs are getting "outlandish" calls -- then or now -- is ludicrous.

What's happening is the Mavs are beating SA at their on game -- being somewhat physical and playing good defense, and SA doesn't like it. I can understand them not liking it, but complaining about the officials is bush league. If the Mavs were down 3-1 in this series and complaining about the officials, SA would just be laughing, and the press would try to argue the Mavs are sore losers. Barkley wouldn't have said a word about it.