Thread: Two Questions
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 13, 2006, 04:29pm
Official Forum Member

The word, custom, was used to note an insole that isn't sold as part of a shoe. If that was unclear in my first post, that's reasonable. After my second post, it shouldn't have been unclear in the least.

I'm not really interested in what you know about so-called brands, but Sof-Sole IS a brand of what I refer to as custom insoles. The reason I call them that is not to assert they are made specific to one individual, but rather are a product made to switch out part of a shoe and they come in different flavors for different foot types. If you are uncomfortable with that word, custom, being used to describe what I'm talking about, that's fine. But the context of what I wrote wasn't tough to figure out. If you had a tough time with it, I apologize.

Further, the word is "orthotics", not "orthodics," which is a pretty silly error for someone harping on someone else for being a little less than precise (not to mention someone who's holding themselves out as an authority on the subject). Besides, this is a generic term and is used to broadly describe the insoles I'm speaking of. You can do a google search that I have linked and find the term used with the specific brand I recommend.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...cs&btnG=Search

There's nothing I wrote that took you out of contex. You are assuming a word means something more specific than what it really means.