View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 19, 2005, 12:18am
Official Forum Member

I worked with a guy once in a frosh double header early on a Saturday morning. He was *****ing before the games about not working any varsity games in 7 years of working. I quickly found out why. It would have been much better for everyone involved had he just stayed in bed and not come.

The classic example from that game was that I was the T going to L on a fast break, just behind the offensive guy going in for a layup. He was trailed by a defender 2 steps behind. About the time he's in mid-air laying the ball up, I hear a whistle. At first, I figured my partner had ran into the coach on the court and was calling a T. Nope. He called traveling -- on the guy 8 feet in front of me from the 28 foot line on the OPPOSITE side of the court (full size HS court). Aside from the fact that it was idiotic, the guy didn't come close to traveling.

Called my assigner when I got home and said in no uncertain terms that I would not work a game with that guy and suggested he do everything he could to encourage him to quit.