View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 03, 2005, 10:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TexBlue
Eject a coach for throwing a bat against a bat rack (filled with other bats) as a reaction to an error by his players? Most certainly, if he threw it. Maybe not if he tossed it hard to the rack. It's one of those HTBT's. But, if he threw it, he's gone.

Eject a coach for throwing a bat against a bat rack as a reaction to a call he disagreed with? Absolutely. Not only for the USC, it's just dangerous to others near the rack.

Eject a coach for bringing a rulebook on the field, wanting to "discuss" a rule interpretation? Like Glen, he can bring it on the field, he just doesn't need to prove his point by opening it up. That's what protests are for.

Stop to answer a parent's question after the game? Would it matter how they approached you? Sure. I answer questions all the time. If they come up to me looking for a confrontation, it's time for me to go get some water.

Ever not wear a chest protector? I never wear one. There is a lot of debate on this board about this over the past years. It's just too darned hot down here. And I have the Honigs K-2. It's light, I just don't need any more equipment on than necessary. I'd rather have the bruise than melt down out there. The only concern I have about this is taking one off the collar bone and breaking it. I'm through for the season if that happens and I enjoy the game too much to want to sit out. But, then, again, to me, it's too hot down here. It hit 105 just SW of Ft Worth today. That's almost uncomfortable!

[Edited by TexBlue on Jul 3rd, 2005 at 11:32 PM]