View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 08, 2024, 07:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Found this on ChatGPT (artificial intelligence):

Under NFHS basketball rules, substitutes cannot enter the game before a disqualified player is replaced. Here’s the process:

Disqualification: When a player is disqualified (for example, due to five personal fouls), the coach is notified by the official.

15 Seconds for Replacement: The coach is given 15 seconds to replace the disqualified player. During this time, the substitute for the disqualified player must be ready to enter the game.

Substitution Process: Only after the disqualified player has been replaced can other substitutes enter the game, provided they have properly reported to the scorer's table.

In summary, no other substitutes can enter the game before the disqualified player is replaced. The disqualified player must be substituted first, after which the game may continue and other substitutions may be allowed.

I'm not foolish enough to believe everything that artificial intelligence tells me.

Anybody got a NFHS citation to confirm, or deny, this?
Dont trust ChatGPT on anything. Its about as bad as wikipedia. Especially when it comes to rules. Ive gotten the dumb thing to give me 3-4 different (wrong) answers to other rules issues before it just started looping back and forth to those different(and wrong) answers. Its core issue it only knows what its been old and what its been told is still quite limited and the timeline of what it knows isnt too recent.