Thread: Girls games
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 23, 2022, 12:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
How are you going to make someone do something they do not want to do? We cannot make people travel for games. I work college ball, I am not giving up a college game for some girl's basketball and you could not make me without violating some basic laws. And then instead of losing an official for girls basketball, you lose and official period.

Peace
When it comes it comes to working extra nights, turning back higher level games, it's an entirely different issue than the one presented, at least as I read it.

Where I work, girls and boys do not have different assignors. And I've heard countless official complain about girls assignments vs boys or refer to them as "just" a girls game. FWIW, to work the postseason here in Colorado, you are required to work a certain number of both boys and girls games.

Obviously I'm not suggesting people be forced to work girls games if they are opposed. Just pointing out that in a lot of cases, the reasons for not wanting to work girls games is sexist and insulting. This isn't always the case, but it's a prevalent enough to discuss.