View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 27, 2022, 05:47pm
Esteemed Forum Member

It's True, It's True ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
If B3 were to touch the throw-in while being OOB, would you give the ball to A or B?
Back in the 1980's, in a high school game, it would be B's ball back at the original throwin spot, and, of course, Coach A always went bonkers. The "left-over stench" of this old rule is the reason why this situation seems more confusing than it should be. Observed one of our best, very experienced, grizzled officials (outstanding real game knowledge and a great rules guy), after the rule was changed, recently bring the ball back to the original throwin spot (for this very exact situation) in a state tournament quarterfinal game. Thank God he gave the ball to the "right" team, just the wrong spot. Nobody spotted it except me.

I have always stated that for experienced veterans, it's not the rules that are a problem, it's the rule changes that are a problem.

Now what's the new team control foul signal? And how do we now signal a held ball?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Feb 27, 2022 at 05:59pm.