View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 01, 2021, 06:39pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Lead Takes The Call ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
... consider that it was the primary defender on a drive from the T's primary and the foul occurred just below the FT line. There are a lot of places that have that as the T's call first (take the primary defender on the drive from your primary all the way to the basket) and the L's second.
Great explanation Camron Rust. Thanks.

I was forgetting that I was in Rome. Here in my little corner of Connecticut, we have a forty-plus year old local custom that when a double whistle occurs in specific situations like this, the Trail drops his fist, and the Lead takes the call. It a part of everybody's pregame, even pregames that only go slightly beyond, "Good eye contact", and, "Don't screw up". We've always been trained that way, from the cradle to the grave.

Even though it's probably not fully "kosher" by NFHS (or IAABO) mechanics, it seems to work, no "blarges" in my games, or in games I've observed, in forty-plus years.

Of course, once again, as usual, as always, when in Rome ...
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Sep 01, 2021 at 06:42pm.