View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 08, 2021, 04:02pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Citations ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
In both cases, bring A1 back in to shoot the FT(s). Even if the clock had not run, you're bringing A1 back in to shoot the FTs. The rule requiring a player to sit-a-tick is not applicable in this situation. A1 shoots A1's FTs unless A1 is injured or disqualified ... the substitution rules about sitting a tick are not in affect due to the correctable error.
While not disagreeing with Camron Rust, are there citations other than 2-3 (Referee's Authority), and Purpose and Intent, to support his interpretation?

3-3-4: A player who has been replaced, or directed to leave the game shall
not re-enter before the next opportunity to substitute after the clock has been
started properly following his/her replacement.

My additional new twist situation #3 is the only one in the thread that doesn't have A1 sitting the required tick.

There are two casebook plays that support the one exception to the sit a tick rule that I am aware of - playing with five "trumps" the sit a tick rule.

Do we now have a second exception to the sit a tick rule?

2-3 (Referee's Authority) and Purpose and Intent are pretty good citations, but are there more?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Jul 08, 2021 at 04:26pm.