View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 28, 2021, 12:13pm
Esteemed Forum Member

One, Two, Cha Cha Cha ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
4-44-2-B: A player who catches the ball while moving or dribbling may stop and establish a pivot foot as follows: If one foot is on the floor: It is the pivot when the other foot touches in a step. The player may jump off that foot and simultaneously land on both. Neither foot can be a pivot in this case.
It was over forty years ago, but I can remember it like it happened yesterday, my training classes with my first local interpreter (first of four over forty years). Held in a college classroom, he was trying to demonstrate all the various permutations of legal jump stops, gathering and holding a ball while moving between rows of desks, like he was demonstrating dance moves. A tall guy, he was very awkward, and I doubt that he was a very good dancer. Like me, he was probably such a poor ball handler in high school that he was seldom allowed to dribble the ball unless he was in the lane near the basket. Former point guards should be demonstrating legal jump stops to rookie officials.

I was so young, so innocent, so filled with hope and anticipation, so naive.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Apr 28, 2021 at 04:19pm.