Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Here is the list (paraphrased/abbreviated....too long to paste in here):

1. Stop the clock under a minute.
2. Shot clock (a) nationally or (b) by state adoption
3. Uniform color...dark must be dark
4 & 5. religious head covering regulations without needing state approval
6. 2 shots starting at 5th foul in each quarter
7. 2 shots starting at 5th foul in each quarter (similar to #6 but different wording by different propoent)
8. Bonus at 6th foul in a quarter, automatic bonus at 8th foul in a quarter
9. New definition of a simultaneous multiple foul...two fouls by same team against different opposing players
10. No jump ball in OT...continue AP.
11. Remove coaches ability to be granted a timeout during a live ball...must be by a player.
12. On a double foul where one foul is of a greater severity than the other, possession to team offended by greater foul.
13. Eliminate player control signal...use only team control signal
1. Yes. It eliminates the potential for clock-related tomfoolery (e.g. the winning team "helping" the old Lead official by passing the ball to him after a score) near the end of the game, especially a close game. I had to give a technical foul to a player late in a tournament game because he was in the way of an opponent trying to get to the ball for a throw-in, and wouldn't listen when I told him to knock it off. This would not happen under the proposed rule.
2. I would agree with a) if there is a phase-in period (GA is currently phasing the shot clock in, and will allow it to be used in regular season play starting this upcoming season (2021-22). It will be mandatory next season (2022-23) for regular and postseason varsity games). I would agree with b), because each state should be able to figure out an equitable way to adopt the shot clock.
3. No.
4 and 5, sure as long as there is no safety issue.
6. If the one-and-one is eliminated, absolutely.
7. Same as above.
8. No
9. Yes
10. No
11-13 Yes