View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 10, 2021, 11:06am
Esteemed Forum Member

Three Different Violations ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Your definition of palming must be an IAABO or Connecticut thing, because I've never heard of traveling being interchangeable with palming.
Actually, it's not. We have guys here in Connecticut that actually believe that there are, by rule, three separate violations: Traveling, carrying, and double (illegal) dribble. Not a big deal since the two actual violations and the signaled violation are all illegal.

Just like guys that orally state "Double dribble" instead of "Illegal dribble" when the phrase "double dribble" doesn't exist anywhere in the rulebook, casebook, or signal chart. They know the rule, give the signal, say "double dribble", and partners, coaches, players, and fans all know exactly what the violation was.

And traveling is not fully interchangeable with palming. Some types of palming are not traveling, but rather are illegal (double) dribbles. It depends on foot movement, or not; and a subsequent dribble, or not.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jan 10, 2021 at 12:08pm.