View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 12, 2020, 04:57pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Citation Please ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
1) A-5 taps the jump ball toward the sideline. A-l steps on the sideline and then catches the ball. The official awards the ball to Team B and has the scorer set the alternating possession arrow in the direction of Team B's basket. Is the official correct?

I say the official is not correct, the alternating possession arrow should be set in the direction of Team A's basket, but I'm unsure of my answer.

Can anybody help me out with the correct answer, and a rulebook or casebook citation to explain the correct interpretation, even if I'm correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
#1) Official is incorrect right off the bat b/c the arrow is not set until the ball is at disposal because no one has yet established initial team control.
Because no one has yet established initial team control inbounds?

4-12-2-A: A team is in control of the ball: When a player of the team is in control.

4-12-1: A player is in control of the ball when he/she is holding or dribbling a live ball.

I agree with Raymond but would appreciate a citation.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)