View Single Post
Old Tue May 26, 2020, 08:42pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
So you're implying that there isn't any nepotism/politics in basketball? Milk through the nose.

There are multiple 20-somethings in the southeast who are in D1 because of their last names.
That is actually not what I said. I said that there is even more when you have nothing else to go on but your name and the powers that be picking people based on nothing but what they are told about a prospect. If you get rid of the camp system or how it is now, you might be more like sports that do not do camps as a way to evaluate new talent. Of course that could work on some level to get rid of the things you do not like, but it creates other bigger issues that officials like to complain about. At least in the current system I am making some kind of choice.

There obviously is some nepotism in basketball. But there are so many spots that there are folks that can overcome some of this in basketball. If I cannot even get access to the people that assign the football conferences by no well-used process, then you have more people getting into place without any proving of their ability.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Tue May 26, 2020 at 08:44pm.