View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 29, 2019, 02:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
Guess I am confused. So, you have an injured player and you beckon the coach. The coach refuses to come? Is that what you are saying? if so, beckon the trainer or any other school official (game management, principal attending, etc.) and yes, I would consider them to be bench personnel as far as this rule. Are you telling me that no one will come attend to the injured player? If that is the case, the coach/school will have far bigger problems than not wanting to burn a TO. Additionally, if a beckoned coach refuses to come, are you really ever going to want to work in that school again? I doubt it.

Also see case 3.3.6 Sit B
Try this one. (Though it may not happen to those of you who don't officiate games where country music is a part of warmup.)

A1 gets trucked on a loose ball play. Officials blow whistle to check player.

Player is curled up on floor. Coach A says "He'll be alright."

Player doesn't get up and officials beckon coach A.

Coach A stands on sideline says "Get up Rudy you are alright."

Parent from the stands (we can only assume is family member): "Rudy if you do not get up right now you will be sorry."

A1 (Rudy) pulls himself to his feet like Rocky on a 9 count and wobbles towards official mumbling I'm good.

Ahh poor Rudy, great teammate though . . .

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!