View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 14, 2019, 12:15pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Fine And Dandy ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
To me personally, time and score is irrelevant when making calls.
That may be all fine and dandy until one gets to the last minutes of a close game. Intentional fouls? Fouls to simply stop the clock? Deliberate off ball fouls? Delay of game? Strategic timeouts? Hack a Shaq? Crazed coaches? Situations that were unimpressive and relatively benign in the first thirty minutes take on a different and possibly "hyper" meaning in the last two minutes.

For example, slight touch contact that doesn't put a player at a disadvantage in the first thirty minutes and is ignored as incidental becomes a method for one team to stop the clock and slow the game down in the last two minutes. Don't call this same contact a foul in the last two minutes and you'll have the players killing each other to get a call, which could escalate into a fight.

C'mon ilyazhito. You're better than this. You're off your game. What's wrong with you today? Get up on the wrong side of the bed?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Jan 14, 2019 at 12:38pm.