View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 09, 2019, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefsNCoaches View Post
I don't have a travel there...left foot appeared to be pivot and it never came back down. Nice video...

From spending time at a pretty high level shooting camp a few years back...That's a good video showing what the Euro is. I try to tell guys all the time, all a "Euro" is...one step at the defender and the next out to the side/away...why is that so hard to comprehend.

These players out here poorly executing illegal jump stop where they get up in the air then land 1 - 2 and get banged for travel, then trying to say "euro step" crack me up. Euro or American, pivot foot allowances don't change!
I see too many officials blindly calling a travel when someone executes a poor jump stop and lands 1-2. Landing 1-2 is not a travel as long as the dribble ended when both feet were off the ground. Many times the "gather" or ending of the dribble at the high school level is as close as you see in the video from OP. Unless I can determine for certain, I let it go. I think many guess and just call a travel. That's just my 2 cents on the 1-2 landing.