View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 20, 2018, 10:51am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
So, in the original play, it wasn't the dead ball (immediately after the successful goal) that allowed the ring grasp, but it was the immediate timeout that allowed the ring grasp?

So, why did the L2M Report mention dead ball? From the ilyazhito's video it's obvious that a technical foul for a ring grasping can be charged during a dead ball.
In the original play he is allowed to grasp the rim until all players have cleared out beneath him, just like in high school and college basketball. And by the time all players had cleared out the time out was called.

And what rules citation did your buddy post directly from the NBA rule book that said you cannot hang on the rim during a dead ball? Seems like you are selectively reading to further your point. He posted directly from the rulebook when he tried to make a case that an offensive player and the defensive player can't hang on the rim. Please show me his post citing a rule concerning dead balls and hanging on the rim.

I used to defend your buddy, but he's showing that he's more concerned with being right at all costs. I guarantee you he will get cussed out at least one time by an observer at a college camp with that type of attitude.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Raymond; Tue Nov 20, 2018 at 10:54am.