View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 12, 2018, 02:57am
This IS My Social Life

Self-Absorbed Much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...ust-a-unicorn/
Scan the above article until you reach the part discussing the length of his shorts and the issue it caused during a tournament in Vegas.
LOVELY QUOTE FROM THE ARTICLE:
"If you question how seriously Green takes his shorts, keep this in mind: After learning about the Nevada rule preventing players from rolling their shorts, the family canceled its plans to move to Las Vegas and have Jalen transfer to basketball power Findlay Prep.
"No, seriously.
"As soon as they said that, as soon as that happened, we already were saying that in the crowd, 'Well, guess we ain't going to Vegas. We ain't moving to Nevada,'" Marcus told CBS Sports. "And as soon as he came off the court, and the game was over, he was like, 'Yeah we're not moving to Nevada. If I can't roll my shorts I can't do it.' And so there it is. That killed it."
"Don't mess with this young man and his short shorts."

Parents aiding and abetting crass, self-absorbed me-ism.
Would be funny if Findlay Prep and the schools they play adopted the NFHS Interpretation. The parents would have to buy a new house somewhere else.

Ugh.