View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 25, 2018, 11:52pm
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Because NCAA Men's has a rule that says once a defender deflects the ball in the front court either team can retrieve it in the back court, the play that is alluded to in 9 - 9 - 1 Exception is ruled the same in both rulesets. So it is not a difference, therefore does not need to be mentioned in the chart.
Help me here, Raymond.

My understanding is that, NCAA-M has allowed in 9-12.5: "A pass or any other loose ball in the front court that is deflected by a defensive player, which causes the ball to go into the backcourt may be recovered by either team even if the offense was the last to touch the ball before it went into the backcourt."

However . . .

The addition to NFHS 9-9-1 doesn't go that far: "EXCEPTION:* Any player located in the backcourt may recover a ball deflected from the frontcourt by the defense.”

Last-to-touch...first-to-touch, though not applicable in this situation in NCAA-M, still applies in NFHS. Right?

If so, this is a major difference between NCAA-M and NFHS. Which should have been mentioned in the comparison chart.

Right?