View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 25, 2018, 12:41am
Official Forum Member

My thoughts are there is SO MUCH wrong with the whole evening that I don't know where to begin.

A few things come to mind though.

1) There is no way you should have entertained that level of conversation from an AC during a JV game, or any game for that matter. It doesn't matter if he is the V HC. If they are an AC, you shouldn't be letting them chirp from the bench. Period.

2) How in the world did you and/or your partner not issue a single T in any of this. When he kept on after the official warning in the 2nd game that should have been easy. And a 2nd T should have followed in short order based on what was described.

3) I'm not letting a coach use his timeout to argue with me or my partner. Let alone consecutive ones. Delaying the game for a 13 minute conversation is unconscionable.

4) I was skeptical of the official warning before the season but 99% of what I've seen and observed has been officials using it successfully in getting coaches to curtail their poor behavior. This scenario is the opposite. Sounds like you and your partner used it as a crutch to not call a T and let this coach get away with mass murder.

5) Why to all of it. Just why.......

Last edited by VaTerp; Thu Jan 25, 2018 at 12:43am.