Thread: Old, Old Issue
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 07, 2017, 11:57pm
This IS My Social Life

Old, Old Issue

I'm over there at a kindergarten Facebook discussion site tempted to make the case for the NFHS ruling on the situation where a player falls behind a rebounder and the rebounder with the ball trips over him... You know the situation I'm talking about.
Has anybody ever been able to document the actual year (I just checked 2006-07, the earliest books I have now) this was included in the NFHS Casebook prior to its deletion? Here's the Casebook situation quoted on this Forum a while back:

10.6.1 SITUATION E:
B1 attempts to steal the ball from stationary A1 who is holding the ball. B1 misses the ball and falls to the floor. In dribbling away, A1 contacts B1's leg, loses control of the ball and falls to the floor.

RULING: No infraction or foul has occurred and play continues. Unless B1 made an effort to trip or block A1, he/she is entitled to a position on the court even if it is momentarily lying on the floor after falling down.

Last edited by Freddy; Fri Dec 08, 2017 at 12:59am.