View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 06, 2017, 03:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Your table is going to get a lot more complicated.

Some, Oregon included, pay different rates depending on the Classification.

And to be a fair comparison, you have to include travel. Some states pay travel, some don't but pay a somewhat higher game fee. Some states pay one rate for a single game or the first game in a double header and a lessor amount for the second game.
Thanks, I know that there are a plethora of anomalies but am mostly looking for fees for 2-man or 3-man Varsity contests at the highest classification. I have a separate column I am tracking for mileage but obviously gets confusing between how much per mile, vs flat fee, vs mileage after a certain amount of miles, vs a Per Diem. Totally understand your point.

Most states there is a set fee assigned by the state association for contests at each level. States like Iowa it is done per district and there are even a few states that the schools negotiate with each ref (contractor) individually. Obviously mileage/travel is a moving target, but I tried to capture the most information with not too much clutter (3-man lower level is rare and can probably be ignored).