View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 04, 2017, 04:40pm
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I may not have the rules to back me, but if the official scorer, or the official timekeeper, or the visiting scorekeeper, is giving me a problem (acting as a fan for team, not paying attention, not doing their job correctly, etc.), I have no problem asking game management to replace any, or all of them. This is especially the case in nonschool games (AAU, travel, recreation, etc.), but is also the case in school games in which table responsibilities may be fulfilled by students. In a school game with adult table personnel, I may pause before replacing them, and will certainly check with my partner, but I would certainly consider replacing them, maybe not charging any type of technical bench personnel foul, but certainly replacing them; and they can go wherever they want, including their team bench, just not at the table as a member of the officiating team.

Again, I may not have the rules to back me, so chastise me if you must. Let the chastising begin. I'm sure that I will deserve it, and I'm ready to take my punishment.
BM, thanx for your response, but it didn't address the question. ("Thank you, sir. May I have another?") The question was whether addressing the behavior of a visitors' scorer justifies a 4-48 warning to the head coach. Reference to the praseology of 4-48 and 4-32-4 are significant to the question, so I'll await the time when you have a chance to check those out in your rules book. Then let's see what you say.

Last edited by Freddy; Sat Nov 04, 2017 at 04:42pm.