View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 02, 2017, 09:17pm
Stubborn Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Market them? Market them how? What am I missing here? And yes I can name many coaches at the top level in most major conferences. Or I can name a coach and where he used to coach after he was fired or jumped to another level or position. If you follow Men's college basketball, it is rare that I do not know something about the coaches in the Final Four. Been watching Mark Few for years and of course remember Roy Williams from Kansas and now North Carolina. I only mention that because in my state where we have over 800 schools total I do remember or know of many of the more successful coaches by name and know something about their programs or success, the same way I do for college on a different scale.

Well I have been doing this for over 20 and it is rare that I work a game that I have not seen the coach or know the coach. Even in the playoffs I have had coaches often that I have had at some point during the my career like today where I worked some summer games and two of the coaches I have had before during regular season games and summer games.

OK, I am still a little lost on your point. If we are talking about the coaching box, I do not know what that has to do with any marketing?

Peace
I mistakenly responded to amusedofficial's post without quoting him.

I know other officials know coach's names, and there are people much more knowledgeable than me when it comes to coaches in the NCAA, but I do not agree that coaches are used for marketing... outside of a few schools like Syracuse, North Carolina, and Duke. Same as in high school.

BTW, there was one coach who retired recently that was well known around these parts, however I can only remember him by his nickname.