View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 25, 2017, 02:26am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
This is a good one. Wisconsin/Florida. Just before 15:06 2nd Half.

FL try in flight. W22 commits pushing foul during rebounding action under the basket, so ball remains live. Then F12 appears to commit offensive BI by getting his hand entangled in the net while the ball was on/within the basket. The try ends up being successful.

Crew gets together to discuss. It could very well be that they just weren't sure who's hand ended up in the net because W22's was in the neighborhood as well. But replay clearly showed that it was F12's hand. In any case, they counted the basket, which I believe was incorrect.

Should have been wipe the basket, but then give the ball to FL for a throw-in as a result of the common foul.

After the lengthy discussion, the crew forgot who the initial foul was on, so they went to the monitor to confirm W22. In the subsequent explanation to the TV crew (which I like that they do, by the way), it was even asked about the pulling on the net, and the official correctly stated, "no, that part of the call is not reviewable."

So this time Rule 11 was applied correctly, but the inability to apply common sense with replay review here gave FL two free points.

Yeah, I definitely think some major tweaking to Rule 11 is in order after this year.

Peace