The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 29, 2012, 01:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWP View Post
Me ... well, I'm the guy who, during a game featuring one team in white uniforms and the other team in blue uniforms, saw the ball go out of bounds, blew his whistle, raised his hand and shouted loud enough for the entire gym to hear, "Green ball!"
How long have you had to live that one down.

Peace
Old Mon Oct 29, 2012, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Me ... well, I'm the guy who, during a game featuring one team in white uniforms and the other team in blue uniforms, saw the ball go out of bounds, blew his whistle, raised his hand and shouted loud enough for the entire gym to hear, "Green ball!"
LOL ... that's comedy
Old Mon Oct 29, 2012, 02:57pm
Often wrong never n doubt

Quote:
That is good stuff!

What if white is playing blue and it is tipped at the same time by both teams before it goes out. Instead of alternating possession can I just call out "light blue?"
Old Mon Oct 29, 2012, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Sometimes, the old computer upstairs just malfunctions. Last season, during an eighth-grade boys game, my very experienced, usually right-on partner called a five-second closely guarded call in the backcourt. After the game, he slapped himself upside the head ... he couldn't believe he had made such an error.

Obviously the good-looking lady in the crowd was wearing green!
Old Mon Oct 29, 2012, 05:03pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rookie View Post
I was on the court today with a 20 yr vet and I called a player control foul and said white ball on the end line..he said nope bonus situation white to shoot! So I showed deference and thinking I misunderstood the rule somehow...

Truth be told it really P's me off..
You should be really P'd off at yourself that you let someone make you doubt a very basic rule. Even if you didn't want to argue on the court once you pulled out the rule book after the game you should have been satisfied you were correct.

Last edited by Raymond; Mon Oct 29, 2012 at 05:09pm.