The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Volleyball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jul 29, 2015, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

2015 NFHS rule book and case book errors

Anyone else find the problem with Rule 11? They changed Rule 9 but did not change Rule 11 in the rule book or case book about asking for an extra time out in the set.

There might be a problem with Rule 7 on the timing of the line up being turned in. Should not it be just a delay warning for having the line-up in late just like PAVO and USAV?

Let me know if there are any other problems in books (beside the scorekeeping section).
Old Thu Jul 30, 2015, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to FMadera Send a message via AIM to FMadera Send a message via Yahoo to FMadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by kycat1 View Post
Anyone else find the problem with Rule 11? They changed Rule 9 but did not change Rule 11 in the rule book or case book about asking for an extra time out in the set.

There might be a problem with Rule 7 on the timing of the line up being turned in. Should not it be just a delay warning for having the line-up in late just like PAVO and USAV?

Let me know if there are any other problems in books (beside the scorekeeping section).
Don't have the book in front of me, but surprisingly enough, late roster/lineup submission is not one of the cases in which a delay sanction is assessed.

Hopefully that gets changed. And the lack of deletion of the old verbiage has already caused issues here in Illinois, as at the clinic I attended, the clinicians weren't aware of this and tried to base rulings based on outdated information. Not good.
PAVO National Referee / Certified Line Judge/Scorer
WIAA/IHSA Volleyball Referee