The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Volleyball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 02, 2018, 11:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRZ View Post
I don't work VB, but this question made me curious, so I looked it up on the PIAA website. Pennsylvania mandates black&white striped shirts, with everything else all black.
Why do they do that? It would make sense if the reason was politics and unwillingness to change .

On a more serious note, MD uses the white USA Volleyball-type shirt with the MPSSAA logo on the right chest (the logo is normally on the right sleeve for other sports, but with volleyball officials rarely being visible in profile, the state probably wanted their logo in a more visible position, on the chest). MD volleyball officials also wear black pants and black shoes.
Old Sat May 05, 2018, 08:49am
Official Forum Member

Volleyball IS an afterthought

In Pennsylvania the "official" volleyball uniform is black and white stripes, black pants, socks, and shoes. The reason is as timasdf nails it, many volleyball officials are washed-up basketball officials (and softball/baseball umpires) and those who are buddies with the PIAA brass say that they don't want to have to buy another shirt. They even go so far as to say that it isn't worth the money to buy the white shirt and that they will not ref volleyball if they have to wear a white shirt.

That, of course, is completely bogus because they are officiating whores who couldn't be bothered to read the rule book and do it strictly for the money. One paycheck could buy two shirts and the rest of their schedule is pure profit. I realize that volleyball is low on their priority list but it still bothers those of us who work only volleyball that PIAA has such low regard for the sport.
Old Sat May 05, 2018, 10:43am
Official Forum Member

Hijack/Brief Rant

PIAA = Politics Is As Always.