The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Volleyball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 07, 2017, 07:33am
Official Forum Member

Team Location during WarmUps

FED rules (but I'd be interested in others). What, if any, are the restrictions on a team's location when the other team has the court for it's 6-minute warm-up period?

I had a team yesterday that stood along the sideline in front of its bench while the other team was in its serving practice. It was Freshman B, I wasn't sure, they weren't being unsporting during this, etc.

And, I forgot to look it up last night, and left my books in the car this morning.

Thanks
Old Thu Sep 07, 2017, 08:18am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to FMadera Send a message via AIM to FMadera Send a message via Yahoo to FMadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
FED rules (but I'd be interested in others). What, if any, are the restrictions on a team's location when the other team has the court for it's 6-minute warm-up period?

I had a team yesterday that stood along the sideline in front of its bench while the other team was in its serving practice. It was Freshman B, I wasn't sure, they weren't being unsporting during this, etc.

And, I forgot to look it up last night, and left my books in the car this morning.

Thanks
Generally off the court and not interfering with the other team's warmups, but there is no restriction from them being in playable area. That's the USAV/NCAA rule. In this case, if them being on the sideline doesn't affect the other team's warmup, let it go. If it does, address it.
PAVO National Referee / Certified Line Judge/Scorer
WIAA/IHSA Volleyball Referee
Old Wed Sep 20, 2017, 07:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post

Thanks
Hi Bob,

This is a rule/protocol change I am going to send into FED for next year. I would like to see Fed do something to move players away from the court when the other team is warming up and they team is standing by its bench or in a playable area watching.

If "Risk Management" is so important to FED that every sport they write rules for has "Risk Management" as a reason for the rule, then it seems that they need to get players off the playable area so they are not hit by balls or run into by a shagger/player on the other team.