The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Illegal Pitch? (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/91695-illegal-pitch.html)

tmielke Tue Jun 12, 2012 08:33am

Illegal Pitch?

Check out this youtube link and let me know what you think for ASA and FED. This is only a side view. When looking at it from behind the plate about half the ball is visible at the top of the motion.

2012-06-11_21-05-12_252.mp4 - YouTube

Thanks
Tom

SRW Tue Jun 12, 2012 08:42am

You tell us - what rule in ASA and NFHS do you think she violated? Look it up... then say something like "I think she violated rule x.x.xx because it appears to me she did yyy." Don't just post a video and say "do you think she's illegal, and give me the rule references, please."

RKBUmp Tue Jun 12, 2012 08:43am

Double touch, illegal in both FED and ASA.

CecilOne Tue Jun 12, 2012 08:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmielke (Post 845630)
Check out this youtube link and let me know what you think for ASA and FED. This is only a side view. When looking at it from behind the plate about half the ball is visible at the top of the motion.

2012-06-11_21-05-12_252.mp4 - YouTube

Thanks
Tom

Agree, and 1 or 2 feet in contact is the ASA/NFHS difference.

I see that your post is a mp4 file. I have been looking for an editor for mp4 with no luck. Do you know one?

tmielke Tue Jun 12, 2012 09:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRW (Post 845631)
You tell us - what rule in ASA and NFHS do you think she violated? Look it up... then say something like "I think she violated rule x.x.xx because it appears to me she did yyy." Don't just post a video and say "do you think she's illegal, and give me the rule references, please."

I believe it is illegal based on FED 6.1.4.b and ASA 6.3.b and 6.3.c. I didn't ask for a rules reference, just an opinion. I can look things up myself. Had a long discussion with her coach about this last night. This is why I posted it here.

tmielke Tue Jun 12, 2012 09:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CecilOne (Post 845635)
Agree, and 1 or 2 feet in contact is the ASA/NFHS difference.

I see that your post is a mp4 file. I have been looking for an editor for mp4 with no luck. Do you know one?

I don't

Dakota Tue Jun 12, 2012 09:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CecilOne (Post 845635)
...I have been looking for an editor for mp4 with no luck. Do you know one?

Free? Dunno. There are lots of commercial editors, including many low priced ones (depending on your definition of "low"), such as Nero Video.

IRISHMAFIA Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmielke (Post 845637)
I believe it is illegal based on FED 6.1.4.b and ASA 6.3.b and 6.3.c. I didn't ask for a rules reference, just an opinion. I can look things up myself. Had a long discussion with her coach about this last night. This is why I posted it here.

But when you talk with a partner or the issue comes to a UIC, you need to let them know what you are seeing that makes you suspiscious.

Based upon your statement that part of the ball disappears into the glove, I would agree she separates and returns to bring the hands together.

I would have to see how she adjusted the first violation before moving onto the second.

DeputyUICHousto Tue Jun 12, 2012 01:04pm

I would say...

Illegal because she comes past the hip twice.

Edit: Actually it appears she comes past the hip 3 times.

CecilOne Tue Jun 12, 2012 01:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota (Post 845640)
Free? Dunno. There are lots of commercial editors, including many low priced ones (depending on your definition of "low"), such as Nero Video.

Thanks, Tom.
Don't care about free, just ease and quality. Do you know anything about this one?
MP4 Editor, How to Edit MP4 Video Files with MP4 Video Editor

MD Longhorn Tue Jun 12, 2012 01:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeputyUICHousto (Post 845670)

I see no smiley face, but surely you are joking...

tcblue13 Tue Jun 12, 2012 05:41pm

Maybe NCASAUmp knows a good editor. He is up on that tekkie stuff (but won't fix your computer) :D

Tex Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:01pm

I agree, double touch, illegal in both FED and ASA.

Dakota Wed Jun 13, 2012 01:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CecilOne (Post 845671)
Thanks, Tom.
Don't care about free, just ease and quality. Do you know anything about this one?
MP4 Editor, How to Edit MP4 Video Files with MP4 Video Editor

No, I don't, but from the information on their web site, I see they are Chinese. The software may be great, but I would not give my cc number to a Chinese software company.

AtlUmpSteve Wed Jun 13, 2012 03:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeputyUICHousto (Post 845670)

It would do you a great service to find a specific rule reference for what you believe this to violate.