The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 30, 2012, 06:53pm
Official Forum Member

Newbie Az ASA

Hi All,
I'm a newbie, Is anyone here an Az ASA fastpitch umpire?..I recently joined and I'm having a hard time finding out the process of umpiring I get the emails for availability, but I haven't taken the 2012 umpire exam or any clinics. Should I just jump right in? I have sent emails but It seems like there is no communication unless they are looking for people to umpire tournaments. What to do?
Old Wed May 30, 2012, 07:22pm
Official Forum Member

There are several on here from AZ, me, Andy, Paul, Daryl and Im sure some others I cant think of right off.

Rich Eddings is the central district UIC. Have you emailed him? Not sure what they are doing right now, but typically newbies are paired up with a mentor umpire to learn the ropes before being thrown to the wolves. What part of town are you in? There are some leagues they can assign some of the newer guys to to get a little experience.
Old Wed May 30, 2012, 08:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKBUmp View Post
There are several on here from AZ, me, Andy, Paul, Daryl and Im sure some others I cant think of right off.

Rich Eddings is the central district UIC. Have you emailed him? Not sure what they are doing right now, but typically newbies are paired up with a mentor umpire to learn the ropes before being thrown to the wolves. What part of town are you in? There are some leagues they can assign some of the newer guys to to get a little experience.
I have emailed Rich, he stated that I was registered and that was it. I live in the Queen Creek area and I'm signed up for the centrel district. Have you taken the exam or do they still give that? How can I get a copy of the rules book? Thanks for all your help!
Old Wed May 30, 2012, 09:09pm
Official Forum Member

If you registered you should be provided with a rule book. I think there may have been a problem with the books being ordered, but I think they finally came in if I heard right. The test is online, I believe if you go to the AZ ASA website and then go to umpire section you should be able to get into the test if you know your registration information.
Old Wed May 30, 2012, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

The Az ASA site says you will be emailed the test. Rich also told me no umpires have received the 2012 ASA cards? Well maybe sooner than later I will get something in the mail or a mentor will give me a call. It's only been a month so far, Aaron Burns told me they are going thru some changes and not many teams are signing up for tournaments. Thanks again
Old Wed May 30, 2012, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

I just took the test online, let me see if I can find the email about how to get to it.