The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 04:05pm
Official Forum Member

Ok, after playing for 30 years, at the age of 38 I have decided to give umpiring a whirl. I have been a basketball referree for 3 years now, so I'm not going into this totally blind.

My question is, does anyone have any suggestions on where to get uniforms? I'll be umpiring USSSA slowpitch in Washington State to start with and may start fastpitch after I get this ironed out a little.

Also, on one website I was looking for my uniforms that they have a red shirt and a blue. Seems to me I've seen them mostly wearing red, but do we need both? Seems like I'll be putting a lot more money out to get this uniform put together than I did my basketball uni, but it should be worth it. I love the game!

I'm sure my assignor can help with these questions, but thought I'd get some input on here also. Do any of you have any other suggestions to get me started?

Kris
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 04:25pm
Official Forum Member

Go to http://www.uniforms4sports.com. Click on the licensed USSSA apparel logo. You want to order the red mesh shirt, the black shorts (if you want to wear shorts) or the grey slacks. The red mesh is for USSSA softball, the navy is for USSSA baseball. You will also want to order the red and black cap, and possibly a red jacket for those cool spring nights that you will be umpiring on.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 06:03pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for the reply and information! I knew I had seen the blue shirts somewhere! Makes sense now. That is the website that our assignor said to go to also. I will definately need that jacket here in Washington - it gets cooooooooooooold in the early spring at night! I saw shoes on there also, and clickers, brooms etc. Suppose I need all that also...so much shopping - good thing I'm a woman!
Old Tue Feb 15, 2005, 11:16pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

krisQuad3

and clickers

Don't say clickers, they are indicators.....Mike does not
like that...

Welcome to SB and good Luck.

Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.