The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Fastpitch: Batter's Location in Batter's Box Compared to Plate (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/90219-fastpitch-batters-location-batters-box-compared-plate.html)

MrRabbit Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreamump (Post 834331)
Nice Post, very helpful. I like the original Gator-Aid. Don't be a hater if there are new posters on the Forum. After being on the forum, I question the same thing about some of you. Good way to get branded as a CLONE.

Sorry but telling the truth will not get me branded anything.

And if that is really the way you call your strike zone you will not work more than one game for me if you are lucky enough to even be allowed in the park.

34 years and counting, play ball.

Why aren't you calling Irish and mbcrower clones they do not agree with you either.

Glad to know I am in good company because I feel this way.

Skahtboi Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsqUmp (Post 834246)
And in fastpitch, if you call your strike zone like that, they will run you out of most towns and ask you not to come back.

Not in the towns around here. THAT is what is expected. (And by towns around here, I mean virtually every city in this vast state in which I live.)

MD Longhorn Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreamump (Post 834327)
I can tell that I speak GERMAN to you, I do not have thin skin, I do have proper training on tracking pitches Jim Evans MLB. The coaches want consistency. My reference to the moving batter was for the people that do not understand the Strike Zone. Where in my post did it say that the zone changes back and forth ? You guys do not like the (CLONE) Trademark that has been branded on you. That is why you have a new Forum to go to & tell War Stories. Try to live in the moment and give something to the game. Why are the few of you long time poster's so bitter ?

Funny, I don't feel bitter...

What did you mean by "Realisticly thinking that a K is always over the dish is hard to fathom." then if you did not mean you that a strike was not always over the plate? It was this assertion to which I was disagreeing.

Skahtboi Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreamump (Post 834331)
Nice Post, very helpful. I like the original Gator-Aid. Don't be a hater if there are new posters on the Forum. After being on the forum, I question the same thing about some of you. Good way to get branded as a CLONE.

I am not sure what you are referring to when you are labeling others as "clones." Do you mean consistent in rules applications? Calling the strike zone as it was meant to be called? If that is your usage of the term, then it would best behoove you to become a little more clonelike.

No one is being a hater toward new posters. What they are being haters to is the dispensation of incorrect information. Umpiring is hard enough without it being clouded by myth, dysinformation, and opinion.

MNBlue Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreamump (Post 834258)
What I have learned with the game getting even faster every day with the running left hand slap hitters, bunter/slap hitters, bunters from the front of the box for base hits, bunters from the back of the box for sacrifice, girls switching sides with 2 strikes. You really have to track the pitch, I know what the book says, these good fast-pitch teams want & need consistency in there Strike Zone. With a 7 foot by 3 foot box that is alot of real estate. Realisticly thinking that a K is always over the dish is hard to fathom.

Care to explain this further? If it isn't always over the plate, where else cold it possibly be?

IRISHMAFIA Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRW (Post 834318)
At least all of your other piercings are worn properly...

:eek:

Piercings? Not me, buddy. I have enough issues without poking extra holes in my body. :D

Skahtboi Mon Mar 26, 2012 01:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 834360)
Piercings? Not me, buddy. I have enough issues without poking extra holes in my body. :D

There's always time..... :cool:

x-tremeump Mon Mar 26, 2012 03:25pm

xtreamump

My stating that the ball crosses the 17 inch plate was for the MONEY PITCH. If you umpire and do not know what the game needs to be called for consistently you have been CLONED. The game lives and takes on a life of its own. Good umpires adjust, CLONES look and act like ROBOTS. If I Umpired for you I know that you would like to work with me. Because I get on a Forum behind a name & do not put my words the way that you want. Sorry, I hope that these attitudes are not on the field of the game that I love. If it is maybe I should Coach, Nope you would not listen then either, "CLONE LIKES EJECTION"

MD Longhorn Mon Mar 26, 2012 03:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreamump (Post 834404)
My stating that the ball crosses the 17 inch plate was for the MONEY PITCH. If you umpire and do not know what the game needs to be called for consistently you have been CLONED. The game lives and takes on a life of its own. Good umpires adjust, CLONES look and act like ROBOTS. If I Umpired for you I know that you would like to work with me. Because I get on a Forum behind a name & do not put my words the way that you want. Sorry, I hope that these attitudes are not on the field of the game that I love. If it is maybe I should Coach, Nope you would not listen then either, "CLONE LIKES EJECTION"

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here. But you don't answer simple questions. I was not the only one who thought you were saying (by the last sentence of that post) that the batters box moves with the batter. If it's not what you meant, then clarify yourself. And if it's not what you meant, then my reply to you is moot. (And cut the CLONE crap).

x-tremeump Mon Mar 26, 2012 03:33pm

xtreamump

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRabbit (Post 834261)
I hope that someone learns who EsqUmp and xtreamump work for and find out what they put in their Gator Aid.

What truth did you post here ? I like old guys (Experienced) like you, they are good for war stories, and beer talk.

x-tremeump Mon Mar 26, 2012 03:38pm

xtreamump

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbcrowder (Post 834405)
I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here. But you don't answer simple questions. I was not the only one who thought you were saying (by the last sentence of that post) that the batters box moves with the batter. If it's not what you meant, then clarify yourself. And if it's not what you meant, then my reply to you is moot. (And cut the CLONE crap).

The batter in the box moving was not for the pro's on here. The OP is from a Coach, I think. I made mention of it because we are trained to track the pitch with everything else going on. And I told you before do not tell me what to do. I know that the CLONE crap bothers a few of you. My question to you is why ?

MD Longhorn Mon Mar 26, 2012 04:10pm

I'm truly not understanding what some people get from coming on here for the sole purpose of stirring things up as opposed to discussing actual softball situations, rules, occurrences, and stories. Truly.

IRISHMAFIA Mon Mar 26, 2012 07:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbcrowder (Post 834405)
(And cut the CLONE crap).

I find that those who refer to "robot" or "clones" when it comes to officiating are those who cannot or choose not to accept that anyone else other than themselves may know how to officiate. IMO, many seem to be GAGAs as the priority isn't necessarily the game itself.

JHMO

tcannizzo Mon Mar 26, 2012 08:49pm

Would Frank Sinatra have made a good umpire? (My Way)
Maybe not, but I would not be the one to tell him.... :eek:

Skahtboi Tue Mar 27, 2012 08:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbcrowder (Post 834414)
I'm truly not understanding what some people get from coming on here for the sole purpose of stirring things up as opposed to discussing actual softball situations, rules, occurrences, and stories. Truly.

I have never understood that, nor will I ever. I have a few ideas, though.......