The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 30, 2003, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Question

As many of you have figured out, Kellerumps is a husband and wife team. Which makes me wonder if there are any other Husband and Wife Teams out there???? I know of 1 other couple and that's it.

Further, do your spouses attend your games or are they to uncomfortable listening to the idiots......err fans complain.

Just curious.

Old Wed Apr 30, 2003, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

My wife is legally blind, which I continually tell her makes her an ideal candidate for umping. (Heck, she would be able to smell better calls than some fans I have heard.) So, no, she doesn't umpire. However, we were both very active on my daughter's teams as she was growing up. Me doing the coaching thing and her organizing fund raisers and making the requisite phone calls and such.

As for going to the games when I am umpiring, she has. She is extremely supportive of my (hobby, pastime, second career...insert your choice). However, most of the time she takes care of things on the homefront when I am out calling ball.

Scott

[Edited by Skahtboi on Apr 30th, 2003 at 09:02 PM]
Old Wed Apr 30, 2003, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kellerumps
As many of you have figured out, Kellerumps is a husband and wife team. Which makes me wonder if there are any other Husband and Wife Teams out there???? I know of 1 other couple and that's it.

Further, do your spouses attend your games or are they to uncomfortable listening to the idiots......err fans complain.

Just curious.

Ain't no way I would ever let my wife get involved in umpiring. I want to make sure that there is at least one thing in our life that my wife doesn't think she knows!
Old Wed Apr 30, 2003, 05:33pm
Official Forum Member

My husband runs the travel League baseball assn. in our town (pop. 50,000) he will umpire if he needs to. He lets me do the softball and we pass at the door. Both our kids play soccer.
Old Wed Apr 30, 2003, 07:38pm
Official Forum Member

I umpire in a slo-pitch league with a husband and wife who umpire.

Even though my hubby does not umpire, he will occasionally come and watch me ump a game or two. He'll sit in the stands, and listen to people whine about "bad" calls. Inbetween innings, he'll give me a little kiss between the fence, and that usually shuts-up loud mouth spectators. That's his contribution to my umpiring.

Diana

Old Wed Apr 30, 2003, 11:46pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

My daughter plays minors, we got a mini-van, so we are usually full of kids for practice. My wife will usually tell folks where to sign up to ump when I work the boys games. Oh and my son is a second year PINTO player, 30 pitches each nite, he's getting pretty good, my knees hurt already. BTW, a Varsity BB venue as well as 4 or 5 youth ball on weekends. Calender is FULL. Daughter also helps at snack bar when she comes to my games i work, great family fun
Old Thu May 01, 2003, 05:47am
Official Forum Member

I am currently sans significant other, but previously had one that didn't like me doing tournament ball and being away all week-end. I started giving her the paycheck: I umpired, she shopped, we were both happy.
Old Thu May 01, 2003, 07:20am
In Memoriam

Lightbulb

My wife and I are a team:
  • I like officiating/umping.
  • She doesn't mind if I go.
  • We both enjoy Sport.
  • We split the checks.
    Old Thu May 01, 2003, 10:35am
    Official Forum Member

My husband volunteer umpires for Little League which pleases our son's coach. I stand behind the backstop and give encouragement and pointers (no, he doesn't mind...much) He comes to some of my games, if I expect problems from a men's team then his 6'3" 275lb silent presence is appreciated! The only problem we have is when he borrows my gear and it gets locked up in the LL shed!
    Cindy